Friday, June 15, 2012
Well, as of last night, Brent is off of the IV antibiotics. He is now on oral antibiotics, which, in the past have made him sick. We will see. Now we sit and wait . . . again . . . and see if the oral meds work to keep the infection/inflammation under control. It's always a scary waiting game. The CT last week showed no changes, for the good or bad. There is still some sort of fistulous tract, and inflammation in the same area that has caused problems for years. Dr. Price does not want Brent to go off of the antibiotics because we all know he will take a turn for the worse with abscesses. The IV antibiotics were starting to cause problems, so that is why he is switching to oral. So, here's hoping that the oral meds work and that he can absorb enough of them to be effective. Thanks for checking in. We appreciate you.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Hi all,
We are still just hanging in there status-quo. Brent is still on IV antibiotics 4 times a day. He is scheduled to have another CT scan on Thursday,(apparently his "glow" must be dimming, and we need to refresh the radiation levels), and then we see Dr. Price on Friday to discuss the results and decide what our next move is. Hopefully it will be to discontinue the IV antibiotics, as they are starting to cause problems. So, I guess we will know more on Friday.
Michelle took her NCLEX Nursing boards today, and although she won't know the outcome for awhile, we are certain she aced them with no problem. She will be such an awesome nurse.
Thanks for continuing to check in, and for hanging in there with us. We appreciate you. Honestly.
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)