Thursday, November 20, 2025

Outta here

 Discharge orders are in. Looks like he’s going home today. Hemoglobin has remained steady. Still low but that’s to be expected. He has his normal iron infusion tomorrow and we wouldn’t be surprised if his hematologist suggests more units of blood. 


As always, when we go home I usually don’t update the blog and no news is good news. Thanks again for the prayers and for being so kind. 

Wednesday, November 19, 2025

🤞👍

 Brent had a good night and got some rest. So far this hospital stay has been pretty good as compared to his last one in terms of his overall care. The ER team was super quick and listened and acted fast. (When you have to be carried out of the back seat of the car and look half dead you get pretty quick attention.) The CICU nurses and doctors were A+, and addressed his immediate needs. He is now on a normal floor and has had good care here also. 


Brent’s hemoglobin is still super low but not dropping. They will check it again tonight. There’s talk of going home tomorrow. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. ‘Going home’ is always a bit scary because there’s not a button to push for help. Ha. 


Thanks for checking in. 

Tuesday, November 18, 2025

Tuesday

 I was late getting up here today, so sorry for no updates till now. 


After the endoscopy procedure yesterday Brent received another unit of blood and started to feel a bit better. He was able to sit up without feeling like he was going to pass out. They let him have some clear liquids which is good. When I left last night he was sitting in the recliner and he had a good night. 


Today he’s feeling pretty good, still weak and bored, but better. He even listened in on an important work meeting.  It’s just a waiting game now to see if the procedure worked and if they can get his hemoglobin to come back up. He’s not famous for producing red blood cells…


I know some of you appreciate specific things to pray for so here goes. The obvious most important thing is that the cauterization worked and holds. That he can get his strength back to function back to his ‘normal.’ To find some peace and rest. Thanks a million. Some people don’t believe in the power of prayer, but we do and feel and draw strength from them. 💞



Monday, November 17, 2025

Update

 Brent is back from endoscopy and they were successful in finding the source and cauterizing it and using clips to hopefully stop the bleeding. Thank you for your prayers. He’s super tired and weak. 

Update

 Quick update. Brent’s hemoglobin  stayed steady through the night. It’s still really low, but didn’t drop through the night. They just wheeled him to endoscopy to scope him to see if they can find the source of the bleeding and try to fix it. Yesterdays procedure to go in through the artery and cauterize was unsuccessful as they couldn’t find the source. Here’s hoping that they can find the source and fix it. I’ll update when he’s back. 💞

Sunday, November 16, 2025

Update

 The procedure to cauterize the blood vessels was unsuccessful. Waiting for the doctor to find out what the next step is. 

 

So over the past 20 years I have only had to call an ambulance three times. I probably should have called them more but I’m sometimes kinda stupid and not thinking straight. Yesterday was the third time. 


Brent went from feeling ok and winterizing the trailer (I know, that makes me kinda sick too but only because it means no more camping/fishing) to developing a severe gastrointestinal bleed. He lost so much blood he could not get off the floor. When I call an ambulance he ends up at Utah Valley. If you’ve been here long enough you know our thoughts and ptsd associated with Utah Valley. (Sorry Suzie, who was a great nurse yesterday.) 💞. All his labs were fine, CT was fine, so they sent him home. We both felt uncomfortable going home, knowing we would be returning. 


Michelle stayed the night and was a huge help as she is a nurse. She prefers her little patients, not adults. This morning he was worse. Lots worse. Losing a lot more blood and unable to walk or even sit up. I called the GI doc on call for his GI doc and of course he said go to the ER. Brent repeatedly assured me he was ok to go to IMED in Murray if he could lay down. I was hesitant but SO glad we did. Not sure Michelle broke my speed record of driving up here but close. Thanks Orie for assisting in getting him into the car. 


The labs this morning were bad. The CT showed a big bleed. They transfused two units of blood in the ER so far. Thank you, truly, to those who are able to donate blood. You are appreciated. He is currently in an Interventional Radiology procedure to cauterize the blood vessels. He will then be in CICU. 


Please pray for the procedure to work. Pray that he can receive the care he needs here, as his last stay here was not good. When you are as complicated of a case as he is it’s sometimes difficult to get the care he needs in all areas of his health care. Please pray for him to have peace as he has many responsibilities at work right now. Please pray for him to heal and get his strength back. 


We love our team of family and friends and once again thank you for your prayers in our behalf. I’ll update as we have more news.