I created this blog so that I can post updates after Brent's surgery on September 3rd. Throughout his last few surgeries I have sent mass e-mails to everyone I thought might be interested. This way, if you want updates, you can log on and read them. If you don't, and I was just kidding myself that you really did, then you don't get my annoying e-mail updates. :) It's a win-win for all of us!
Brent is scheduled to have surgery on Thursday, Sept 3rd, up at IMC in Murray. This time Dr. Price will be removing a colo-colo fistula that is connecting his small intestine to his large intestine. It has caused considerable pain and needs to be removed. Of course we are nervous, as he only has a very small amount of intestine left. However, we are very hopeful at the same time. The fistula formed where the annoying abscess is (the abscess has been the reason that he has not been able to eat for 3 1/2 years) and if Dr. Price removes the abscess, then we are hopeful that Brent will be able to eat again. He would still have to have IV TPN for nutrition, but the amount and frequency would diminish greatly. That would be awesome as I miss going out to eat with my husband, and I think it is safe to say that he very much misses food. He loves food. It's a cruel world when one of your favorite pastimes is watching the cooking network, but you can't eat.
Anyway, as we head to surgery, the family automatically goes into "hospital mode." I'm grateful for children who are independent and responsible. I know that I can spend time at the hospital and not worry about them. I'm also very grateful for our incredible family, friends, neighbors, & ward members who always take such good care of us while we are in our hospital mode. We are always amazed at the love, prayers, fasting, food, and support that are given in our behalf. We thank you in advance.
Thanks for joining us in our new adventure in the blogging world! (I have always said that I would never create a blog. Eating my words . . . again. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. )
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lisa your blog is off to a great start! Good luck to Brent and all of you with the next surgery.
ReplyDeleteYou finally caved Lisa!! Yay!! Great job! We will definitely be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers as Brent takes on another surgery. He's brave...that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteWhy blog? Why not. If you can't beat em join em. Here's to a successfull surgery and a short lived blog life. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteDan C
We'll be following your blog. Thinking of all of you. I'll keep Mom Posted.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Great idea! You will be in our prayers.
ReplyDelete