I sometimes wish that I had been able to blog about Brent's other surgeries. I just went back and re-read all of the posts since beginning this blog in Sept. Wow. It's a bit overwhelming. You tend to forget all of the gory details as time goes on. That's probably a good thing. Although, I have been reminded of how far he has come, and of all the wonderful friends, neighbors and family that we have who have supported us beyond measure over the past 4+ years since all this fun began. I tried once to write down my thoughts and feelings about his first 4 surgeries in 2006, when he should have died, but miraculously didn't. I couldn't do it. It's strange how you can go through such traumatic events and then forget those deep dark moments where you felt like you were all alone. Funny how you just keep going and doing the things you know you need to do even if you don't want to.
Now that Brent is doing well, and is back to work full time, and then some, I find myself wondering what the future will bring. I really need a part-time job if anyone has any connections. I've got to get out of the house before I go crazy. :) Now that I'm all grown up and graduated, I have no idea what I want to do. I know I want to do something that helps other people somehow. I can't see myself sitting behind a desk all day. Anyway . . .
Brent really IS doing well. Still on IV TPN four nights a week for his nutrition, but still eating REAL food too. His brother was here this weekend and was so excited to be able to take us out to eat and see Brent actually eat! :)
Looking ahead? Well, we really don't do much of that. We know that things can change in a heartbeat, as they so often have. We take each day for the blessing that it is. For all of the teasing and tickle fights and sarcasm that the kids get from their Dad, they know that they love it . . . and they know that he loves them.
Lisa
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Been there on the traumatic moments thing. I'm so glad we forget most of it and move on. I rarely think deeply on my moments anymore, although they often cross my mind.
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how glad I am that Brent is doing well. I hope and pray that he continues to improve and that all will be well with you.
More power to you Lisa! You're a great person.
I am excited to have found your blog but wish it wasn't just as I was leaving. I admire your strength.
ReplyDelete