Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I realize that it has been a few weeks since updating the blog. I apologize to those of you who check in often.

There is really not much to report. The blood and iron that Brent received 3 weeks ago lasted longer than any of the other transfusions. He ended up back in yesterday for two more units of blood because the crit was getting dangerously low again. That was units 21 and 22 for him. He said that there were 4 others receiving blood also. Please donate if you can. The need is great. We are not sure what the next step is for figuring out where the blood is going, or why the red blood cells are dieing so quickly.

We celebrated Brent's 50th birthday a couple of weeks ago. Woo-hoo! Now he can't make fun of me. I am a month and a half older than him, so I always take the heat for being older, and of course on the BIG birthdays, it's worse. :)

A talk was given in one of our church meetings this week about faith and endurance and one of the quotes fit me to a tee. I believe it was Elder Keetch who said that sometimes we just want to turn to the last page of the story and see what happens, without reading the story. Yep, that's me. I have little patience for the unknown. I want to know what is happening, why, and what is going to happen in the future. I like everything laid out with a plan, and a predictable outcome. Oh well, I know that that is not how this life works. We have to have the faith and patience and the knowledge that we have a Heavenly Father who knows us and loves us and be willing to be patient and trust in Him that everything will work out in the end, and that the last page will say . . . "and they lived happily ever after." For in the end, all that really matters is that we made it back to Him, worthily. The trials, experiences, joy, heartache, knowledge gained, and services performed is what makes us who we are.

Have a great day!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment