Monday, November 18, 2013

Well, it would seem that we have hit a little bit of good luck this week. It's kind of weird.

Last week when we met with our G.I. specialist, we commented that we would have a party if Brent ever made it to 30 on his hematocrit. Todays blood tests were the best he has had in over a year. His crit was at 32!!! That is still low for a normal person, but for Brent it is phenomenal! Yay! What a nice surprise (blessing). We partied with our dear friends at our group Family Home Evening that we have once a month.

Tomorrow Brent is having another surgery on his eye. A year ago he had his left lens replaced due to severe cataracts from Prednisone. Tomorrow he will have the other lens replaced. Yay! Another blessing, since he has to be healthy enough for the surgery.

Today I got a job. Woo hoo! It is really not a job I want to do for the rest of my life, but it's a job for now. It is just a part-time temporary job at the BYU Bookstore. I am hoping that I can get a foot in the door and that it leads to something more permanent. I would actually like to use my degree some day.

We do recognize our blessings. We take each day as a gift, and are very aware that we are blessed each day that Brent continues to improve. We know all too well that things can change in a matter of seconds. Thank you for your love and prayers in our behalf. We have the best support system anyone could ever have. We are surrounded by family (near and far), friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Thank you.

We are praying for Michelle right now to be able to find a new job and be able to get out of Vernal. Now that she has her first year of nursing under her belt, she is hoping to find something back here, or somewhere closer to civilization. :)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment