Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Different Kind of Blog Post . . .

The purpose of our blog, which I created long after most of our adventures with Brent's health, was to keep family and friends updated on Brent's current health status. It's a great way for me to be able to contact many people at once, and save my sanity by not having to worry about who I forgot to text or call.

I haven't posted for a few months, which, of course, is good news. And GOOD NEWS is the reason for this post. Brent is doing well. He is fighting anemia again, and low phosphorous levels, which means many hours in the chair at IV infusion services at the hospital, but, he is doing ok. And for that, we are thankful.

I am often found on the brink of tears recently. But they are happy tears. We are being blessed abundantly at this particular time in our lives. The next few months bring so many changes to our family. And each change will bring extreme happiness, joy, and a little bit of fear. It is these changes that I wanted to share with you.

There is a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants section 58:2-4 which says:

For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

This is so beautiful. I feel like we are receiving great blessings after the extreme trial of our faith over the past nine years. My heart is so full of thankfulness. Here is a rundown of what is happening on our lives:

This Saturday Kristina graduates from Utah State University. She accepted a job offer yesterday in the Granite School District teaching English to 7th and 8th graders. This is her dream come true. She has been an amazing teacher in several capacities, but her student teaching this past semester was the best. Her students loved her and she was able to reach students that the real teachers have been unsuccessful in reaching. It was a sad teary day last week when she said goodbye. She is so excited to have her own classroom and start her next adventure. Logan has been her home for the past five years, and she will be leaving a part of her heart there on Saturday. 

David graduates from Provo High on May 26th, with high honors and having achieved many great awards and gaining a love for all things science and medical. He placed first in a HOSA competition and will be attending Nationals in June. He has chosen to enter the medical field, but not sure yet which field. He earned a full ride scholarship to Utah State University, yep, another Aggie in the making, and also a Research Fellowship Scholarship that will be such a great opportunity for him. However, he will be deferring his education for two years to serve a two year mission for our church. David has been called to serve in the Durban, South Africa Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He will report to the Johannesburg Missionary Training Center on August 5th, leaving from Salt Lake City on the 4th. No worries, it's only half way around the world. I'm not worried or anything. Seriously. 

Both Michelle and Kristina are taking a huge leap and moving into an apartment in Murray, Utah at the end of May. Yep, my two lovely daughters will be roomies once again. Kind of frightening. Ha. They have found a nice apartment that is close to both of their work. Michelle is still a nurse at Primary Children's Hospital. They are excited and timid about this new adventure, but it will be amazing. 

On June 13th, Joseph will marry Erin Sanders in the Oquirrh Mountain LDS Temple. AHHHH! So excited for them. They are perfect for each other and are so happy and excited. We are so excited for them. We already love Erin, and she fits perfectly into our family. It will be a great day. We can't wait. 

If you haven't figured it out yet, with all of these crazy, wonderful, exciting, frightening things happening in our family, that just leaves Brent and I. Say what??? We are way too young to be empty nesters. It is such a weird feeling. It hasn't been just US since 1987! It's growing on me. For those of you who know me well, I don't handle change well. I think after August I will need therapy, maybe a little beach therapy, like, say, in Maui. Yeah, that sounds about right. 

So, amidst all of these wonderful blessings that are taking place, there have been so many little miracles that I have left out of the story. Suffice it to say, we are blessed beyond measure. Each day, when we think of all the stress, I remind us that this is good stress. This is happy stress. this is what we have been waiting for and praying for. These are the blessings spoken about in the scriptures, after the trial of our faith. We know our trials are not over, nor will they be until we leave this earth, but to finally see some great things happening in our lives is incredible. I am overwhelmed with gratitude to the point that my kids keep saying, "don't cry Mom," at least five times a day. 

We love our family. It is the center of our world. As each of our children are embarking on new adventures, we pray for their happiness, for their success, for their safety (David) ;)  and for them to realize what really matters in life. To see them grow and change into something wonderful is the best thing a Mom could ever ask for. 

3 John 1:4   'I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.'

2 comments:

  1. Awww... thank you Lisa! I love you guys too! It's such an exciting (if busy) time for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! That is a lot of changes!! Good changes!! Happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete