Given that it is Valentines week I decided it was my turn to post to the blog.
When my sister used to work for a jewelry company Valentines was the easiest holiday to handle. She would call me up in mid January and tell me what I was getting my wife. Add a card and maybe some chocolate and the day was handled.
It isn't as easy any more.
This is my feeble attempt at showing how much I appreciate my sweet wife and all she has gone through in the past few years. We are approaching 25 years together (April 19th) and definitely hadn't planned for our life together to turn out as it has. We have been greatly blessed with four wonderful children. All of their good traits can be attributed to Lisa's wonderful mothering skills. All of their bad traits can be blamed on me.
Lisa has always been faithful to the Lord and supportive of me in all of my callings. As I'd leave for another scout campout and she'd be left with the younger children she never complained. She became just as involved in the program as I was and may young men benefited from her work.
In the past four years Lisa has had to assume a tremendous load as we keep fighting my health problems. She has had to learn a whole new medical vocabulary and has become very much my protector and advocate with our doctors. She has learned to perform medical procedures that would make most people faint and lovingly performed them for months at a time. She has even been told by our surgeon that she is officially an "MD" because of some of the procedures she performed (I won't go into the gory details). She has driven thousands of miles in order to either visit me in the hospital or make sure I get to my various doctors and procedures. And during all of this she has completed her Bachelors Degree at BYU and kept our family together and our kids pointed in the right direction. How she does it I'll never know.
There are times that we both feel as if we can handle no more, but at those times our faith in the Lord and our love for each other, along with the love and support of so many friends, seem to get us through.
I am truly grateful that 25 years ago she was nuts enough to marry a skinny geek with a bad gut. I am also grateful that she is mine through the eternities - it will take me that long to truly express my appreciation for all she has done for me.
Happy Valentines Day
I Love You
Brent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you've been wondering why I haven't responded to this best Valentine ever, it is because I just keep reading it over and over and thinking, Wow, he really does love me, even after 25 years! No, our lives haven't exactly turned out how we planned, but we've survived this far, and we will keep on surviving, and thriving. I love you too Brent. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet! We love her too!
ReplyDelete