Monday, February 15, 2010

Well, we haven't really posted anything medical for awhile. That's good, right? We just got back from an extended weekend in St. George. Sunny and warm St. George. :) It wasn't much fun coming back to cold and rain. It was good to spend time with Dennis & Jan and Kathie.

Before we left on Friday, actually on Wednesday, Dr. Price took Brent off of the 2 IV antibiotics vancomycin and rocefin. He has felt so much better since not taking them. He was feeling so over-medicated that he couldn't even function most days. He had to pre-medicate with IV benadryl for the vancomycin, and that would knock him out for most of the day. We are glad to be done with those, however short the reprieve may be. With the fistula, and the drain still in, I'm sure the "no antibiotics" time is short. Oh well, we take what we can get. A trip to St. George was very much needed, and we couldn't have gone if he was still so drugged up.

Not really any other news. No appts. this week . . . at least I don't think so. :) Here's hoping for a good week. Maybe he will even be able to work! That would be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything continues to go well. Glad you got a chance to get away.

    Yesterday I was cleaning my bedroom and found an envelope addressed to "Elder Moore." I guess I was supposed to write a letter and send it to him. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete