Thursday, March 4, 2010

My, how time flies.

I hadn't realized how long it has been since posting. I know you've missed us terribly. :)

Brent has been doing pretty good for a few weeks, and we don't want to jinx that. He is actually at work today, as in, physically in his office! That is awesome. I texted him and said I didn't quite know what to do without him here. Weird. So, we met for lunch. :)

Since stopping the Vancamycin, benadryl, and Rocefin, he has been feeling much better. He isn't in a constant fog anymore. He was so over-medicated that he couldn't even function. Crazy.

Yes, he still has the drain, although it's not draining much. He will have another CT scan, or Fistulagram probably next week sometime to see how the fistula is doing. We are hoping and praying for another miracle and that it is actually healing up on its own. Here's hoping for good things.

If you feel so inclined, please pray for Kristina. For those of you who are LDS, as we approach Fast Sunday this Sunday, please include her in your fast. She will probably kill me if she finds out I put her on "the blog" but oh well. The more prayers and good thoughts the better. Kristina will be undergoing a heart procedure on the 12th of March. She has been diagnosed with SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). Feel free to Google it if you want more info. Basically, one of the nodes in her heart has two paths in it instead of one, and they have to go in and cauterize one of the pathways so that the sensors can only go in one of the pathways, and allow her heart to function normally. Right now, the sensors just kind of go in circles. Dennis says she has a circus in her heart. He thought that kind of fit. :) She has been randomly blacking out since December, and is just so tired all the time. Now we know why, and hopefully this procedure (ablation) will fix the problem.

Some of you are now thinking, Geez, does it ever end? Yeah, we kind of think that too. Brent made an interesting observation the other day, after finding out about all of this. He said, you know how there is always that one family that is just so needy, and has so many problems and are just a pain in the butt? Well, we've become that family in the neighborhood. Sad, but true. We try not to be needy, only asking for prayers, but we sure are pains in the butt sometimes. :) Thanks for hanging in there with us . . . again.
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are so funny! I don't think any of your friends & neighbors think you guys are pains...in any part of the body! You guys are great example of faith & obedience and proof that miracles DO happen!

    Glad things are looking better for Brent & hope all goes well for Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way pains in the butt!! You are the most wonderful friends and neighbors, who just happen to be having their share of "stuff" right now. We're so glad Brent is currently feeling good, and we will definitely keep Kristina in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    For some reason I've been thinking I needed to read your blog. I finally sat down tonight and looked it up. There is never a dull moment at your house is there? I was surprised to hear about Kristina. I have SVT and had my ablation done 6 weeks after Talmage was born by Dr. Hwang. The procedure was a sucess and as along as I stay clear of caffeine and cold medicine - I've done really well.
    Tell her good luck and let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure she'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I missed the fast, but we'll be praying for Tina!

    We love you all and hope things will be looking up soon.

    ReplyDelete