Well, since I am posting on the blog, obviously I am not in Texas in 90 degree sunny weather. I am, in fact, sitting at Intermountain Medical in Murray, and it is about 40 degrees and rainy/snowy.
Brent ran high fevers all night long. The drain started putting out bile/bowel content yesterday, and the fistula that has remained silent for quite awhile is now draining the same stuff. So, off to another CT scan this morning. Apparently, according to Dr. Hemmert, it was a mess. There is quite a lot of infection going on and two fistulas for sure. the abscess where the drain is is now a fistula connecting to the small intestine. Yippee.
So they really arent doing anything. Just sitting here waiting. I asked the resident why we are here if everything they are doing is the same stuff we do at home. I'm pretty sure I caught him off guard with that question. He said basically because Dr. Hemmert insisted we needed to be here and so they can monitor the fevers. Whatever. Seems kind of dumb to hang out at the hospital when they aren't doing anything.
So, no real answers. No surgery scheduled yet. The girls are both headed home to help out. I love my kids.
More info as we get it.
Lisa
Friday, October 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment