Thursday, July 26, 2012
Yes, I am very much aware of the fact that I have not posted for well over a month. That means all is good. :) And, guess what? That is all I am going to say about that, lest I jinx things once again.
Brent and I decided to take off for a few (5) days. We never get the opportunity to go away, and so all the stars were in alignment, and we left. We spent 3 days at his brothers cabin in Kolob, which is above Zion's National Park. It is so nice up there, and we spent quality time with Dennis and Jan. Then we headed down to the north rim of The Grand Canyon. I have never seen the Grand Canyon. The website says to book your lodging at least a year in advance, so I figured there was no way we could go. Brent couldn't make the trip all the way down and back in one day. I checked just for the heck of it, and they had 2 cabins available for that night. I hesitantly booked it (our luck is not good for making plans . . . they always get ruined)knowing that it would be a lot of money wasted if we ended up not being able to go. Oh well. We were able to make it, and the cabin was 50 yds or less away from the rim of the Grand Canyon. It was amazing. We drove through the worst rain/hail storm that I have seen in a very long time on the way down. I decided it reminded me of the storms back in Iowa. It was so hard that you could not see the road. It was crazy. When we got there, it stopped raining, and didn't start again until we had seen everything we wanted to see, and done every lookout hike we wanted to do. The pictures all show the storm just sitting out in the canyon.
That night we were awakened by practically jumping through the roof with the lightening/clap of thunder which seemed like was right on top of our cabin. Geesh. It was still raining when we packed up to leave, and we were thankful we had seen everything the day before. We headed up the scenic way, and ended up stopping at Bryce Canyon. I love Bryce. It rained all the way to Bryce from the Grand Canyon, but stopped the entire time we were there, and started again as we were leaving the park. :) I am always amazed at the formations at Bryce.
We then headed home. :(
It was so great to finally be able to get away for a few days. We are extremely thankful that our kids are so capable and responsible that we don't even worry about them. :) Got home and Michelle had cleaned/organized the whole laundry/craft/whatever room, and started organizing my sewing rm. :) Now we are concentrating on getting the bathroom finished. Only thing left is the floor and new toilet.
As always, every day is an adventure for us healthwise. We know that we are blessed each day that Brent makes it into the office. We know all too well the frailty of things, and are so mindful of the good days we have. :) Thanks for checking in.
Lisa
p.s. if I can figure out how to upload the pics from our trip, I will. Otherwise, they are all on my facebook page. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for y'all :)