Today brought some answers, and some questions . . .
Brent's hematocrit (iron level) went back down again today, so he had to have another two units of blood. It was up tonight. They will continue checking it.
The scope showed no active bleeding, but new ulcers/sores in the lg intestine, or what is left of the lg intestine. Not sure if it is active Crohn's or not. The GI guy that did the scope thinks it is. He wants to up the Humira shots to weekly. woo hoo. not.
So, not finding any active bleeding in either of the scopes makes us wonder where all the iron is going, and why he is still so anemic.
If his Hct stays up,. they are saying he could come home tomorrow. If it keeps going down, not sure what they will do. It all seems like a big guessing game. I know that a lot of practicing medicine is a guessing game, but you just want a clean cut answer and resolution. It's hard when those answers don't come easily.
Feeling better with the new blood in his system, he is bored. It was nice to visit with an old hospital friend that Brent met three yrs ago while walking laps on the 10th floor. Thanks for taking the time to visit, Stu.
Our hope is obviously that the Hct stays up tonight/tomorrow, and that he can come home. Thanks for your concern and prayers. I came home to another wonderful dinner of hot soup in a bread bowl. I absolutely LOVE my neighbors. I have such a strong support system that kicks in every time we go into 'hospital' mode. I am a wimp and need all the support I can get. :) Thanks.
Lisa
Friday, January 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment