Thursday, January 3, 2013

Well, unfortunately I have to update the blog.  We are at IMed in the ICU. Brent has been fighting severe anemia for a couple of months and has had five iron infusions which have not done much to curtail the anemia. Last night he felt nauseous and I won't go into the other details, but we ended up in the E.R. With about a hundred other people. Luckily his case took precidence over all of the coughing flu-infected patients and we didn't have to wait super long. Since his blood work last Thursday, his Hct dropped from 26 to 16. Not good. They determined that he needed to be in ICU and gave him two units of blood throughout the night/early morning. His levels are up a bit this morning and he is feeling a bit better. Unfortunately we won't know what the next step is until this afternoon. Yippee.  I really don't want to take him home until we know where he is loosing blood from. It was a long,sleepless night. Have  I ever mentioned how much I dislike the ICU? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I may have mentioned that before. At least we don't have the nurse from hell. So far we have had great nurses.

Well, that's about all we know.  Pray for answers and sleep. Not much else you can do for us right now.  Thanks.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment