Today was an interesting day, very long, but interesting. We had our appt. with Dr. Day, the electro physiologist, at IMED, at 10:30. We really like him. He said that the episodes of AFib that Brent is having several times a day are quite normal for someone who just had a valve replacement as extensive as his was. That's all we wanted to hear! We just wanted someone to tell us that it is normal. He wanted Brent to undergo a stress test before prescribing a medication for the arythmia. There wasn't an opening until 2:30, so we went to lunch, Brent had a conference call for work, and I read. Woo hoo! I am quite good at wasting time in a hospital. You could probably even go so far as to say I have perfected the art of it. Sigh.
The stress test stressed me out more than Brent. I seriously thought they were going to cause a heart attack! Geesh. He hasn't walked that far, that fast, at a steep incline since his scoutmaster days. But, it was all good news. After meeting with Dr. Day again, he said his heart looked great and he could start the medication. Yay! So here's hoping it works.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment