Monday, August 11, 2014

I've been chastised for not updating the blog. I honestly forgot. Sorry. I posted something on Facebook that said "home again, home again, jiggety jig."

After waiting all day yesterday, the Dr finally came in at about 3:00. Brent was in the recliner and I was sleeping in his bed. The Dr said, "huh, you've traded places, must be time to go home." Ha.

To sum it up, the echocardiogram was good, and no changes in the valve since the last one. The paricarditis which is fluid buildup in the sac around the heart, is the cause of his pain in his chest and neck. The symptoms are synonymous with a heart attack. That is why they first assumed it was a heart attack because they want to rule out the worst case scenario first. He also said that there is fluid on the inside of the sac, 'which they never see'. I almost wanted to laugh and ask him if he knew how many times we have been told that. He had had a long day in the cath lab so we decided not to say anything. Supposedly the paricarditis will resolve itself within a few weeks. He will have an MRI in the next couple of weeks to see if there is an underlying reason for the paricarditis.

So, once again, Brent walked out of the ICU. The nurses all looked at us funny. I don't think they often see patients walk out of the ICU. Life went on as normal today with Brent and I going to work and he and michelle fixing the dryer. Brent continues to defy all the odds and amazing all the neighbors as we went for a walk last night around the neighborhood after getting home.

Thank you for checking in and for your thoughts and prayers in our behalf. We love you.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment