Saturday, August 9, 2014

Just when I was getting used to saying,"Brent's doing great!"

I have been meaning to update the blog for a week now, and just haven't had time. I was going to post about all of the fun things we have been able to do this summer. The cabin, as posted in the previous blog post, was amazing, and Brent and I went camping two weeks ago up Fairview canyon and had a relaxing time fishing and wasting time. Last week was the annual Salmon Dinner in Payson. It was the best salmon, and good company. If you've never been, you need to go. We love our friends. Thursday we had the opportunity to go to the Paul McCartney concert in Salt Lake. AMAZING!!! I haven't been to a true rock concert since I was a teenager, and it was a Rush concert. Ha. Paul put on an amazing concert and it was so much fun.











This morning, however, brought reality back to us. Brent woke me up and said we needed to go to the ER. He wasn't feeling well and the left side of his chest and neck were in pain. He had just had his $14,000 injection last night, and usually feels like crap for a day or two, but this was different. Awesome.

Did you know that Saturday morning is a great time to go to the ER? And, if you walk in and say you are having chest pain, you are immediately wheeled back to a room and have an EKG going in three minutes? And they look at your chest and see scars and then even more people show up and things happen rather quickly. It was crazy. I've never seen such quick work in an ER, and I consider myself an expert observer.

Note to self: when the ER doc mentions that the EKG shows that he might be having a heart attack, don't panic. Or, maybe you should panic. I did. That all too familiar kick in the gut nauseating feeling returned. They whisked him off to the cath lab and sent me to the waiting room. About 2 hrs later they brought him to the Cardio ICU. The Dr said the angiogram looked great and all arteries looked clean. He said they would do an echocardiogram to look at the recently replaced valve. He ruled out a heart attack, and said it was paricarditis, which is fluid in the sac around the heart. Not sure why or how. They just finished doing the echocardiogram when I left tonight at about 8:00. I doubt we will hear anything until tomorrow.

So, Brent is cooling his jets in the CICU up in Murray, hopefully getting some rest. I guess tomorrow will bring some answers.

Thanks to those who have already offered thoughts and prayers. Just goes to show that everything can change in an instant. It's sad to say that we are used to it. Don't have to like it though.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. So glad we got to see you while we were out! Sorry Brent is sick again, that's a bummer. Maybe he will get better as fast as he got sick..... we can always hope!

    ReplyDelete