Monday, February 3, 2020

Yes, Brent did come home yesterday. We decided with the storm forecast and the fact that nothing was being done that we couldn’t do at home that we would go for it. So far so good. We have IV antibiotics for ten days, with follow ups with the right people. It’s always scary to leave the hospital where there are trained personnel if anything goes wrong. I’m not trained, calm, and probably wouldn’t be considered to have a great bedside manner. Although I AM an honorary surgeon and nurse. Dr Price bestowed that upon me several years ago when I did a procedure at home with him on the phone. Ha.

We came home to a wonderful meal from our good friends, Dan and Cindy. They shared their Super Bowl feast with us. Let’s just say I need to up my game from beanie wienees and wings to smoked salmon and the best steak ever! Thanks!

Snowmageden 2020 hasn’t hit Provo, but up north is getting slammed. Thankful we did come home yesterday.

In all seriousness, we are still waiting on tests to see if they can ever identify the bacteria or fungus causing the pneumonia. He’s still sick, tired from no sleep, and frustrated with yet another set back. We continue to be ever grateful for modern medicine, doctors and nurses that listen and act, family and friends, and the many prayers offered in our behalf. So much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment