COVID SUCKS and silver linings . . .
Life update, because people keep asking:It’s been an interesting week for us. Pretty much, our week sucked. I tested positive for Covid on Monday. I retired to the basement in an effort to keep Brent healthy. On Wednesday, he tested again before leaving to attend David’s graduation from USU, and much to our dismay and many tears shed he was positive. Our grandbaby Elanor also tested positive on Wednesday, with her dad, Thomas testing positive on Friday. They both have been and still are quite sick.Of course our biggest worry was Brent. We immediately called his infectious disease doctor and she ordered a monoclonal antibody infusion, which he qualified for only because “he is who he is” she said.We honestly have no idea where I picked it up and will never know. We are so very careful. If you know us, you know how careful we are, even before Covid. Please stay home if you’re sick, or wear a mask. It honestly won’t kill you, but you may kill someone else.As per our luck, it was the worst week to be sick and quarantined. We didn’t celebrate Brent’s birthday, most of us had to miss David’s graduation from USU, and Mother’s Day.So, as I was hiding in the basement I found myself angry as he!!, frustrated, worried beyond worried for all of those I exposed without knowing I was contagious, and just plain sad that I would miss graduation. We are so proud of David and the trials he has overcome throughout his time at USU.For my own mental health I decided I needed to focus on the positives.*Hey, it took over two years for this damn virus to beat us!*We were able to watch graduation online, thankful for modern technology.*We’ve been blessed with the best family and friends. (Prayers, Puzzles, facetimes, jamba, Joe Vera, Zupas, Molly’s, errands, etc.)*Brent’s ID Dr. said that if he was going to get it, this was actually the most opportune time for him. He was able to get a Monoclonal Antibody infusion, which, if he had gotten Covid during a surge, he would not have been able to get them. Also, if he needed to be hospitalized, there are actually beds available right now. There are new medications available now that weren’t available in the earlier stages of the pandemic. Also, the timing of his 3 shots and booster was perfect.*Brent responded well to the antibody infusion and actually did better than I did with symptoms.*I was able to start an antiviral medication within 24 hrs. Covid kicked my butt but as hard as it hit, it left pretty quickly also and I’m just tired now.*Michelle was brave enough to drive the truck and Uhaul trailer up to Logan and back and help David and Molly move. Thankful that Michelle and Brenda were able to go represent all of us who couldn’t go.*Thankful that I could come out of hiding after Brent tested positive. (Ok, might be stretching it a bit trying to find silver linings.)In all reality, we have to find the silver linings. We have to expect and look for the miracles. We have to know that even if we aren’t spared the trials and hardships this life has dealt us, there’s still goodness to find in the journey. I have to constantly remind myself of this.Brent still turned another year older, and that’s a win.David still graduated with a degree in Biochemistry, and will start at the University of Utah this fall. Hopefully he knows how much we love him and are proud of him.Mother’s Day came and went.Brent and I are feeling better.Elanor and Thomas will hopefully start their upward journey to feeing better.Hopefully nobody else tests positive.Life goes on.Ever grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment