Well, after a long night for Brent, we are going home today. I was determined to bring him home with or without doctors orders. Sometimes enough is just enough. After too many mishaps and mistakes he’s better off at home. I do realize that nurses are overworked and underpayed, but I truly worry for those patients who have no medical knowledge or can’t advocate for themselves or have someone who can advocate for them. It really is scary sometimes. Enough about that.
The fever is essentially gone, all labs look good. The lung samples did finally grow something and they don’t need to do a more evasive biopsy. Thankfully.
Brent will go home on IV antibiotics and will get the suspected tooth/teeth extracted tomorrow. He will repeat a CT scan in two weeks on the lungs to make sure they are improving.
We do appreciate modern medicine, and the medical community as a whole. Sometimes we just shake our heads though and really wonder...
Thank you for your love, prayers, faith and friendship. You’re the best support team ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment