Sunday, June 26, 2022

emoji's and pneumonia

 I sent a text to a friend that ended with three emoji's. The teary face, the swearing face and the praying hands (that's really a high 5, but ya know.) I asked if you can put the praying emoji after the swearing emoji. They said "etiquette requires the prayer emoji should come first." I commented that I'm not very cultured. 


Definitely not coming home today. Brent has now tested positive for staph, and has pneumonia. WTH? We always have to keep things exciting I guess. So far they aren't doing anything they haven't already been doing. He's on three different IV antibiotics. He also let them know that we had asked to have his team notified, and they haven't been. We need to be better at being more proactive in his care. It's not like this hasn't happened before. Guess we're a bit off our game.  It's still frustrating nonetheless. One of Brent's biggest frustrations is when the Dr.s and nurses don't listen to him. He knows his body better than they know their textbooks. He's far from a textbook case. With that being said, we truly are still grateful for modern medicine and the people that have worked so hard to keep him here on earth. 


      

No comments:

Post a Comment