Brent is doing ok. He has about 30 lbs of fluid built up as a result of the ER and ICU pumping 10 liters of fluid into him along with steroids. Yippee. Trying to alleviate that, but it is going slow.
I didn't update yesterday, because pretty much nothing happened and I was so frustrated and ticked that I figured nobody needed to read that. Sometimes I share my raw emotions, but yesterday was not the day.
So, basically, nobody still knows what all of this is caused by. So many cultures and blood tests, x-rays, CT scans, etc, and nothing definitive to be the root cause of everything since coming in last Thursday with fever and vomiting. Still not 100% sure of the pneumonia diagnosis. Could be the Coxi (Valley Fever), could be bacterial pneumonia. The bronchoscope didn't show much. I guess Coxi likes to hide in the walls of the lungs. The extra fluid can affect his heart, so they want to monitor that, and he can't be released until the fluid goes down. While we appreciate everyone being cautious, we would also appreciate everyone getting on the same page, and not dragging their feet. It's been so very frustrating. There are so many cooks in the kitchen and dinner is not getting made. I'd settle for an appetizer just to quench my hunger for answers. We have GI, ID, Internal Medicine, Surgical, etc., and decisions are still not being made as to what to do. Supposedly this morning the hospitalist was going to coordinate with all the specialists to make a plan of action. With the holiday weekend, I don't foresee anything happening. Seems as though you can't be sick on the weekend anymore because nobody works. Craziness.
Sorry for being a downer. It's been a long week. We appreciate you checking up on us. We are ok and don't really need anything. Hopefully everyone has a safe, fun, family filled holiday weekend. Our 33rd annual 4th of July party with our family and friends will go on regardless. We just hope that Brent can be home to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment