Well, obviously if I’m posting on the blog that means Brent is back in the hospital. My good friend and neighbor just reminded me that Brent was in the hospital last Valentines Day also! I mean, I can think of better ways to avoid buying me diamonds and chocolates. Actually, during his extended stay in 2006 (January -March) Brent’s sister Brenda worked for Morgan Jewelry and I got surprised at the hospital with a great gift that year! Haha.
In all seriousness though, we suspected something was brewing last week. He ran a low grade fever. Last night he started fevers again and once it hits 101 we have to come in. I feel like I should just direct you to the post from last February 14. It’s pretty accurate other than we don’t think it’s a line infection. The symptoms haven’t matched up for that. The conditions of the ER from last year to this got even worse. It was nutso. We got there at about 9:30 and didn’t even get back to a room until 11:50pm. I have a hard time in the ER for many reasons and one thing I hate is that half of the 50-75 people there are using it as an after hours Doctors office, as in, non-emergency cases. They could easily wait until their Dr office opens the next day or go to Instacare. I’m no doctor (I AM an honorary surgeon though.🤣) and most of the cases are non-emergent. Ugh.
Once again the ER doc got all hyped up from the CT scan and saw a leak in his intestine and automatically assumes he needs a surgical consult for repair. NO NO NO! Please listen and do your homework (I know Brent’s file is a freaking medical nightmare, but at least compare CT scans and don’t get us all riled up about surgery.) NOBODY wants to go back into his gut. So once we reeled him back in and the surgical resident agreed with us, they started broad spectrum antibiotics.
At 3:40 am I left and drove back to Provo to serve my temple shift at 4:50. Might have been a dumb move but I wanted to be there. That’s where I find peace. While I was gone his blood pressure tanked and they had to push IV fluids to get it back up to a point where the non ICU floor would take him. He was admitted to a normal room at about 7:00 this morning. His blood pressure has stabilized and he’s just chillin getting IV antibiotics and waiting for culture results and blood work. They did a TTE on his heart and we haven’t heard any results from that yet. It’s always a worry as the heart valve becomes infected quite easily.
So, here we are, spending another lovely Valentines Day in the hospital and not even in a room with a view. Boo. Praying the ♥️ is healthy and that the infection, wherever and whatever it is is an easy fix with at home IV antibiotics. I’m sure he’ll be cooling his jets for at least a few days in here while they figure things out. As always, thanks for being you and being a part of our team. We love you.
Love you, my friend.
ReplyDelete