I apologize for not updating. I know Brent is loved by many and your concern and prayers truly are appreciated.
Todays news is hopeful for going home tomorrow. It’s always a matter of getting everyone on the same page. The resident this morning said the cultures have been negative and they could start the process of reinserting his central IV line and discharge. Sometimes residents need to be reeled in a bit regardless of how much we want to be home. The attending Dr and Infectious Disease decided it should wait until tomorrow for continued monitoring of the cultures.
Yesterday ID switched up his antibiotics. The clean cultures do not mean that his heart valve is clean. He will remain on IV antibiotics for several weeks in the hopes of clearing the endocarditis on the valve, thus avoiding another valve replacement.
Going home is always good. Going home is always frightening. Going home means immediate help is not at the push of a call button. Going home brings a lot of ptsd of the last time they sent him home with active endocarditis and IV antibiotics. If you want the details see the blog post from June 20, 2020 when a piece of the infection broke off causing a heart attack. Not one of our favorite memories.
Sooooooo, as always, our prayers are for the antibiotics to work, for the heart to heal and for no surgery. We love you. We say prayers of gratitude for you and your kindnesses. We know all things are in the hands of God. We do our best to do our part.
Every time I see your blog come up in my RSS feed reader, I get a little bit anxious. I was sad to see that Brent was doing well, but I'm more happy to hear that he's getting better and should be home soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Stu. We feel the same when we see you are having problems with your health. 💞
ReplyDelete