Sunday, November 16, 2025

 

So over the past 20 years I have only had to call an ambulance three times. I probably should have called them more but I’m sometimes kinda stupid and not thinking straight. Yesterday was the third time. 


Brent went from feeling ok and winterizing the trailer (I know, that makes me kinda sick too but only because it means no more camping/fishing) to developing a severe gastrointestinal bleed. He lost so much blood he could not get off the floor. When I call an ambulance he ends up at Utah Valley. If you’ve been here long enough you know our thoughts and ptsd associated with Utah Valley. (Sorry Suzie, who was a great nurse yesterday.) šŸ’ž. All his labs were fine, CT was fine, so they sent him home. We both felt uncomfortable going home, knowing we would be returning. 


Michelle stayed the night and was a huge help as she is a nurse. She prefers her little patients, not adults. This morning he was worse. Lots worse. Losing a lot more blood and unable to walk or even sit up. I called the GI doc on call for his GI doc and of course he said go to the ER. Brent repeatedly assured me he was ok to go to IMED in Murray if he could lay down. I was hesitant but SO glad we did. Not sure Michelle broke my speed record of driving up here but close. Thanks Orie for assisting in getting him into the car. 


The labs this morning were bad. The CT showed a big bleed. They transfused two units of blood in the ER so far. Thank you, truly, to those who are able to donate blood. You are appreciated. He is currently in an Interventional Radiology procedure to cauterize the blood vessels. He will then be in CICU


Please pray for the procedure to work. Pray that he can receive the care he needs here, as his last stay here was not good. When you are as complicated of a case as he is it’s sometimes difficult to get the care he needs in all areas of his health care. Please pray for him to have peace as he has many responsibilities at work right now. Please pray for him to heal and get his strength back. 


We love our team of family and friends and once again thank you for your prayers in our behalf. I’ll update as we have more news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment