Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So, I realize that I don't post very often. Maybe it's because I feel like when I do write anything, it is negative. Personally, I'm tired of negativity. It certainly doesn't do a body good. Realizing that I created this blog for the updates of Brent's surgery, I certainly didn't think I would still be posting 4 months later. Crazy. And sad. Nevertheless, here we are.

So, not a whole lot to report, other than we are still nursing two drains, and very active Crohn's. Brent is quite sick, and very frustrated. He is scheduled to have another CT on Tuesday up in Murray with the surgeon. This one will hopefully show once and for all if the abscesses are communicating at all with the intestine. They will inject dye into the drains and watch where it goes. We have got to find out why the abscesses keep returning in the exact same spots. It could actually be a stitch that did not dissolve, left over from surgery. Fun.

Brent also will be starting new meds, and more of the Cymzia this week, to hopefully get the Crohn's under control.

It is extremely difficult to sit and watch him feel so miserable. A lot of people keep asking what they can do to help . . . the only thing I ask of you is your prayers in his behalf. I don't care what God or being or Karma you believe in, please say a prayer for Brent. Most days I feel like that is all that we live on. We have the best doctors and nurses we could possibly have. They work so hard in our behalf, doing research and contacting colleagues in our behalf. Please pray for them also, as they struggle to find answers on how to restore Brent's health.

Thank you so much. We couldn't fight this battle without you. :)

lisa

1 comment:

  1. The problems I had with abcesses were from undissolved stitches. Had the dye thing, too. So NOT fun.
    Please know that I DO pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete