Monday, August 8, 2011

I always hesitate to post good news, because I feel as though I jinx it, and then something bad happens to Brent.

Anyway, Brent is actually doing really well right now. Our MA at our Gastroenterologist's office asked him how he felt today. He said fine, just tired. She said his blood work this morning was perfectly normal, and that's scary. That's two weeks in a row that his levels have been good. We hold our breath, so as not to do anything to change any factors in the equation.

He is still on two IV antibiotics, and is scheduled to have another CT on Wednesday. I pulled his drain out last Tuesday . . . did you catch that? "I" pulled his drain out. Craziness. It was pretty freaky. Think I'll send the insurance company the bill. Yeah, right. The CT will show if there is any more infection building up where the drain has been, what? three times now? Hopefully it shows nothing, and shows the fistula on the other side healed up. Cross your fingers. And your toes. And say a little prayer. Thanks.

Brent has been able to work a lot more the past couple of weeks. Sooo grateful for his co-workers and for all of their love and support over the past 9 months+, and their patience also. We belong to a Crohn's group online, and many of the other members are in worse shape, and do not have understanding employers or good insurance. We are so very thankful for BYU, and the people and the policies that protect us. As Brent often says, we are so glad that we came back to BYU after a short stint with Computer Assoc. If not for that decision 14 years ago, we would be ruined. Sometimes we do not see the fruits of our decisions, and the hand of the Lord, for many years. It's that darn 'patience' thing again.

As for now, all is well. Thanks for checking in.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment