Saturday, August 27, 2011

Well, Brent says I need to update the blog, but that would mean I have to admit to jinxing things. :( Yeah, this post won"t be as exciting as the last one where all was well.

Since the last post, the stupid fistula on the left side reopened. Not good. Not draining much anymore, but it's still there.

The bloodwork started jumping back up into the bad range last week, along with low-grade fevers. Yippee. Of course there was the fear of another abscess, so into CT we went yet again. Brent says his inner glow must have been getting dull.

The CT showed an abscess, so they decided to put in another drain. After waiting about 2-3 hours, they took him in for the drain placement. When he came back out, he was not sporting a drain, and he was extremely ticked. First the tech prepped the wrong side. Then the Dr. tried twice to get a drain in, WITHOUT ANESTHESIA, and failed. They ended up just draining the abscess and putting a bandage over it. Sometimes I really just want to put THEM on the table, not give them anesthesia, and dig around in their belly for awhile. It just might make them a little more sensitive to the needs of the patient. Argh. So, he does not have another drain, but is very sore. Hopefully it won't keep building up infection and need to be drained again. I doubt we would go back to UVRMC if it did.

So, frustrated and angry, we came home. Brent took pain meds and went to bed. I decided to paint the dining room. I should have taken pain meds and gone to bed. :) I now have to re-paint the dining room because I hate it. My friends tell me I should have taken the pain meds and then painted. It would have been alot more fun and I might like it. Oh well. One of us has to not be under the influence to drive. :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the urge for physical labor to work off frustration! I don't know how you manage to always have a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete