Monday, February 20, 2012

okay, okay, I will update. Seems as though I've gotten a few people hooked on the blog, and when I don't post anything they get nervous. I always say that no news is good news. If I don't post, just assume that everything is status quo or that things are improving.

As of today, both of those apply. Some things are atatus quo, like still trying to decide if we like the new Dr., and if we are going to do the treatment plan they set up. Other things are improving. The fistula, is still healing. There is still no connections with the intestine, and when I pack it we can barely get any packing in it. The only reason to keep packing it is to keep the exterior hole from closing up before the inside closes up. Not sure if there is a stitch down in there that is preventing it from closing up or what. Probably need to go see Price again and get his opinion.

Brent has been able to go into work for short periods of time, to meetings and such. He is also eating. Yes, eating, like real food. Not anything he wants, but at least it's real food. Mostly just soup, crackers, potatoes, and bread. We went out to eat as a family on Saturday for Kristina's birthday, and he was able to go with us and eat a baked potato. :) Yay! That was the first time since November that he has gone out with us, and actually could order something from the menu.

Other than that, not really anything else to report. He's not 100%, and tires easily, but we take what we can get.

Thanks for checking, and for your continued love and support. When things drag on for so long, like say, oh 6 years, you sometimes get forgotten in the everyday scheme of things, but our family and friends have never given up on us or forgotten us. Thanks. Our hearts ache for those of our friends going through difficult times right now. We mourn with the Engstrom family, and the death of their son due to cancer. We also mourn with our good neighbors, the Rhineers, and the great loss of their son, brother, husband, uncle, cousin, and friend to all, CJ. He was 28, newly married, and died on Valentine's Day due to a tragic accident while riding his bike to work. He was an amazing young man, and saved/helped 10 other people through organ donation. We have so much to be thankful for. Count your blessings, and cherish those around you.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I might just be one of those silly people who start getting 'anxious' when you don't update! So I call Maurine!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete