Well, we are awaiting a different type of surgery today. Brent is having cataract surgery today on one of his eyes. Due to about 30 yrs of steroid use (prednisone), he has developed severe cataracts in both eyes to the point of it really screwing up his eyesight. Dr. Noble calls prednisone rat poison.
Brent was scheduled for this surgery a few months ago but then got sick and had to postpone it. Last week we scheduled it again and then I got sick. We have kept our distance from each other for the last four days in hopes of him not getting sick also. So far it worked. :) so, here's hoping all goes well and he can have his vision back.
In other news, since I know you are dying to read about us . . . No, I did not get the job I was hoping for. Seems I have no experience. Ha. Oh well, something will come up. Nobody wants to hire anyone with no experience, yet nobody will hire me to give me experience. Grrr.
Michelle is still waiting to hear about a job at the hospital. Not the E.R. Job that she wanted though. Waiting is tough. Once again, nobody wants to hire a new nurse, but how are they supposed to get experience? Craziness.
David received a pretty bad concussion a few weeks ago in a football game that got him sent to the E.R. And a CT scan. It showed he did indeed have a brain. Sometimes you wonder in 15 yr old boys. He did not have any brain bleeds, thank goodness, but was out of it for quiite awhile. He missed quite a bit of school that he is frantically trying to make up before the end of the term. Concussions are nothing to mess with. I am glad that coaches and trainers are taking them much more seriously than they previously did. I am trying to convince him to join golf or cross country since they seem pretty safe. Ha. His comment was but you don't get to hit people in those! Duh. Precisely my point.
Other than that we are pretty much status quo with Brent. He is seriously anemic right now and starts iron infusions this week again. We put iron in his TPN every night but apparently that isn't enough. :(
Thanks for checking. Keep on keepin on.
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am always glad to read your updates. Glad all is well for the most part. Get well soon!
ReplyDeleteHope everything went well.
ReplyDeleteThe job thing is hard -- no one gives credit for being a SAHM. I feel your pain.