Monday, December 3, 2012
Well, my kids never cease to amaze me. Kristina (English Ed major at Utah State), wrote this in her blog today. I just love her. And, just so ya know, he is my hero also. Enjoy. ARgh!!! I previewed this post and can't figure out why it doesn't recognize paragraphs or line spaces. Sorry it is all jumbled together.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Superhero.
I know it's the week before finals.
And that means that most people blogging are putting off homework.
Except I'm not even!
I'm stuck at work.
And with nothing else to do,
I was checking my usual blogs and came across
this beautiful journal prompt on Harley and Jane.
If you haven't read their adorable blog,
DO IT. NOW.
"Of all the people you have met,who would you write a story or book about?"
So here's my lovely response to this prompt.
(Get's ya thinking, doesn't it?!?)
There's this man who has the strength that most people only ever see in superhero movies or sad teary movies about people who have cancer but stay positive. This guy has been through more hard times and more tests of his faith than anyone I've ever heard of. And he's passed every single test. With flying colors.
This man doesn't talk much about his near death experiences or his months spent snuggled under an itchy hospital blanket. He doesn't have to. The experiences speak for themselves...you can see the strain in the way his brow crinkles, you can imagine the pain when he stands upright, you can feel the exhaustion in the way his feet shuffle, you can hear the faith when he bears testimony of the Lord. This man doesn't have to tell you that he has faith in his Savior, Jesus Christ.
It shows in the fact that he keeps living, keeps trying, keeps laughing every day.
This man has never been a huge business executive.
He's never been on the cover of a magazine, or featured in the newspaper. In fact, if you didn't know him, you'd probably think he's no one special...just another person fighting his way through life. But he has things that are better than magazine covers and newspaper features.
This man has faith to move mountains. He has a heart of gold and the determination of a hundred men. This man has proven time and time again that he will not abandon his Lord or his family.
This man is a hero to me.
I can't tell you about the first time I met this man...
For one reason...
I don't remember.
The first time I met him (I'm assuming here, people) was right after I was brought into this world. The nurse probably wrapped me up in a little pink blanket and handed me over to him. And he probably said how cute my little fingers were and he probably fell totally in love with me.
This man is my dad. My biggest example. My hero.
That's who I would write about. What about you?!
P.S. I love you daddy. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Try pushing enter twice between paragraphs- then it will separate the paragraph. It works for me.
ReplyDelete