Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 at the Moore’s 
 It’s been an OK year so far. We successfully avoided any surgeries this year with Brent! Woo-hoo! (well, he did have eye surgery to replace a lens), but that was a good one.  Now he’s only half blind. There have been some exciting job changes/additions, and even a few days away for Brent and I. 

 BRENT: Has been able to return to work full-time as Engineering Director of Edge Services in OIT at BYU. That’s a good thing. He is fighting extreme anemia right now, and goes to work and then comes home and sleeps. We were able to get away for a few days this summer and spend time at Dennis & Jan’s cabin, and also went to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. That was amazing. Our cabin was about 25 yds away from the rim. It was good to get away. Hoping to do more of that this next year. 

 LISA: . . . has no life. Ha. I was released from working with our Young Women in our church, which I absolutely loved. I still get to work with them in the Summer, however, as now I am the camp director. Yay! I really am excited about that. I am trying to find the perfect job, but so far it hasn’t jumped in my lap. Dang. I actually thought my degree would mean something, but everybody wants someone with experience. I guess being a Mom, chauffer, financial manager, nurse, scheduler, etc. for the past 25 years doesn’t count. Oh well, something will come along. 

JOSEPH: Joseph now works full-time in OIT at BYU. An opportunity came up while he was a student employee, and he applied and got the job. Needless to say, most of his time is at work. Although he spends a lot of time with his friends doing crazy things like attending Comic-Con in CA, Star-Trek nights, concerts, etc. We kind of picture “Big Bang Theory” when describing he and his friends. He lives in a condo here in Provo. 

MICHELLE: BIG, HUGE year for Michelle. She graduated in May with a B.S. in Nursing. She did so well and we are so proud of her. She volunteered at Camp Kesem as staff and as an R.N. in Utah and Washington. She spent all summer/fall trying to find a job. Nursing jobs are few and far between around here. She finally got a job and started last week as an R.N. in ICU and Med/Surg at Uintah Basin Medical Center, in Roosevelt, Utah. It’s about 2 ½ hrs. east of us. She’s not thrilled about the location, but excited to finally be able to work in the field she loves. She spends her time at home spoiling her pretend nephew and niece. (her best friends children) 

KRISTINA(aka Tina): Tina is in her 3rd year at Utah State University in Logan. She absolutely loves it up there. She is super busy tutoring athletes, teaching labs for a Sociology class, and serving as the Relief Society President of her ward. In her spare time she attends classes. There is always time for fun though. Probably shouldn’t mention the day she and her best friend got stopped by the cops because they were playing in the rain barefoot in the middle of the road and the cops thought they were drunk. Tina keeps us sane and laughing. 

DAVID: David turns 16 in a few days. Yikes. He is just finishing up Driver’s Ed. Not sure if he is happy about Joseph buying a brand new car because now he gets the Honda, commonly referred to as “the piece of crap in the driveway.” Ha. At least it runs. He worked at 7-Peaks Water Park this summer as a griller. David played football again this year for Provo High. He sustained a pretty bad concussion with three games left in the season. Good news is that the CT scan at the E.R. showed that he does, in fact, have a brain. You often wonder with 15 yr. old boys. He can’t wait to drive & date. I am excited to never have to drive carpool ever again.  

 That’s about it for us. We lead pretty boring lives. We are just thankful for the fairly good year with Brent’s health and are extremely aware of our blessings. We consider you, our family and friends, some of our greatest blessings ever. Thank you for your continued love and support of us in our ever changing journey. 

Merry Christmas and here’s to a great 2013. 

 Love, Brent & Lisa, Joseph, Michelle, Kristina, and David

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your update. We are blessed to have Brent working in OIT. He does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have boring lives, much better than exciting lives filled with dr appointments and procedures and hospitals. Boring days working full-time and job hunting sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is HARD to re-enter the workforce -- I was out for 24+ years. I kind of lucked into full-time work when we moved here. I wasn't sure I wanted full-time, but it has been a blessing in so many ways. I'll keep my eyes and ears open around my office. I know there will be an opening on the Army side (my old job)before Fall. My replacement there is having a baby.

    ReplyDelete