Today, for a few short hours, we had a taste of normalcy. It is tradition in our home to gather in the family room for our church's semi-anual General Conference that is on local TV. Brent is always in the recliner, carving, I am always on the couch working on a cross-stitch, and the kids are scattered throughout the room. We have a huge silver bowl of our traditional conference trail mix made up of nothing healthy whatsoever. We enjoy being together as a family and listening to our church leaders.
Today, as always, we gathered in the family room. Brent was in his recliner, carving. THAT was the normalcy we haven't had for awhile. Brent has not felt well enough/strong enough to carve for quite awhile. I was almost in tears as I looked around the room and felt "normal." For a few short hours today there was no evidence of all we have endured. It was awesome. We even laughed.
Thank goodness for those few hours. They are rare. Much welcomed, but very rare. Cheers to normalcy.
Lisa
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this!! And people say normal is over-rated; I say Yay for normalcy!!
ReplyDelete