It was a very frustrating day at the hospital. Too many things to list/explain. Suffice it to say, I left home this morning headed to the hospital to kick some butts and take some names. I didn’t really, well, maybe one, but not really. I ask questions and if I don’t think the questions are answered appropriately, I keep asking. Enough is enough. We asked for them to contact our infectious disease doctor when we first got to the ER last Tuesday. They didn’t. We finally got infectious disease on board today. Aye-yi-yi.
Brent had a TEE today to rule out endocarditis. We never did get any results. Not sure if we assume no news is good news or not. Just very frustrating all around. They also ran another CT of his jaw to rule out infection from his oral surgery. No results from that either.
We do acknowledge that Brent is a difficult case, but if they would listen to us and act in a more timely manner, life would be much better.
Anyways, not sure what tomorrow will bring. I was so tired on the way home tonight that I cranked the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman and had the air conditioning on. Here’s hoping for better days.
Thanks for checking in.
Monday, March 12, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment