I realize I haven't updated. I apologize. Once we got home things were a little crazy and we're a little sleep deprived. The blog wasn't at the top of my list.
We are truly grateful to be home. We are mindful and so very appreciative of the many prayers sent our way. Really, we are.
Brent came home on two heavy duty IV antibiotics. One has to be administered every 6 hours, which means middle of the night. Between his nightly 11 hour infusion of TPN, and then add the antibiotic, he isn't getting much sleep. The cough from the pneumonia doesn't allow him much sleep either. He does seem to be getting better, but with no immune system, everything takes longer. And when he doesn't sleep, I don't sleep. Hence, the sleep deprivation.
The sepsis from the infection in his jaw is under control and we work with an infectious disease Dr. for that and the pneumonia, because even though it cultured out as viral, it could also be bacterial. Aye-yi-yi.
We try to be so careful with germs. I mean, we even gave his fellow employees a big container of Avegard (hospital grade) hand sanitizer for Christmas! Haha. We are the weirdos who wipe down every shopping cart, we have hand sanitizer on the piano as you enter our home, we wipe down everything in the house with lysol wipes after someone has visited, avoid large crowds, theaters, etc., and at church Brent usually doesn't even shake hands with people, AND, we even use hand sanitizer after handling the sacrament trays that who knows who has touched. But, to no avail, he still caught a virus that landed him in the hospital for eight days. It most likely would just be a common cold for anyone else. Unfortunately, with no immune system, even the common cold can be deadly. I think a lot of people don't realize that.
Anyways, things are slowly getting back to normal. I'm downing gummy vitamin C by the handful and praying I stay healthy. Life will continue and we will continue to enjoy each day.
Thanks for your love and support and for checking in.
Monday, March 19, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment