Thursday, March 8, 2018

Wow, it’s been a while. Thankful for that. I decided to reactivate the blog because I am tired of texting and too tired to remember who I texted and what I told to whom. Does that even make sense?

Well, as you guessed, or already know, Brent is back in the hospital. In a nutshell, woke up early Tuesday morning not feeling well and started running fevers. Any fever with Brent means a trip to the ER in Murray. As you know, we have our reasons for not going to UVRMC, and risk the 30-40 minute drive to IMED. The obvious concerns with him and fevers are a line infection and his heart valve. But let’s throw something new into the mix, shall we? He had oral surgery last week on an abscess in his jaw. He was on IV antibiotics at the time but they ended last Wednesday. So, there’s a chance the fevers are being caused by that as well.

While In the ER his blood pressure dropped quite low, and we automatically assume sepsis, since we’ve been down this road a few too many times. They drew cultures from his lines and his arm. They also swabbed his nose and that came back positive for human meta pneumo virus. In most people that presents itself as a bad cold/cough. He wasn’t showing any signs of that. It was a frustrating 6-7 hours in the ER with not much attention and no decisions being made. They kept trying to decide if he would go to the floor or the ICU. His blood pressure finally came up and they sent him to the normal floor.

And there he sits.

As much as I detest the ICU, sometimes I prefer it because they are a little more attentive and determined to find a cause/solution.

It’s been a waiting game for the 48 hour cultures and watching the fevers. But now he has a cough.

The Drs are/were fairly certain it was the jaw that was causing it but after three days of two different heavy duty IV antibiotics he’s still running fevers. Now we are back to the drawing board. Is it the virus? Is it the lines? (Running more cultures) Is it the jaw? Is it the heart? I could take bets and pay the hospital bills with it.

So today he will not be coming home as planned. I’m sure it will be spent having several tests done.

I guess that really wasn’t a nutshell, but now you’re in the know. As in, we know nothing.

If you’ld like to pray, pray for answers. Pray for the medical peeps to figure out what to do. And please pray that we can have strength and sleep. Too many things going on in our family right now. I’m tired. Our family is tired. And you’re probably tired of us asking you to pray for us.

Seriously though. We love you. We are ever mindful of your kindness and thoughts and prayers  in our behalf. We will just keep on keepin on. Like we always do.

4 comments:

  1. Friends don't get tired of praying for friends! You're always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! Keep on Keeping on - love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love and like Julie said, We never get tired of praying for friends. We love you guys and your family!! Ray

    ReplyDelete