I know I haven't updated, just not a lot going on here.
As I updated previously, the TEE (Transesophageal echocardiography) did not show anything to be concerned about. We are very thankful for that news. That means his artificial heart valve is still clean.
The Bronchoscope, so far, is inconclusive. The cultures from the lung have not shown any growth. That is great, but frustrating also, as there are still no answers as to what type of bacteria to treat. The Pulmonologist doesn't want to have to do a lung biopsy if he doesn't have to. The stupid tooth is still the suspected cause of infection, with the pneumonia being a secondary infection to that. He is more susceptible to pneumonia since already having it, and the scarring in his lungs. We've been waiting all day for the oral surgeon. Hoping it gets extracted today, but who knows?
Brent's fevers have been better. No high fevers for a couple of days now.
Everyone seems on the same page, it's just taking forever. If the tooth gets pulled and all goes well, and he is just here getting IV antibiotics, that is definitely something we can do at home.
Infectious Disease docs have changed up the IV antibiotics again, as they rule out various things.
Other than that, we are just quietly celebrating our 36th Anniversary. He's asleep and I'm typing. Seems about right. Ha. He's been NPO all day waiting for the Oral Surgeon, so I can't even go get us something yummy to eat. Oh well. One of the Nutrition team brought up flowers for us. :)
Grateful for small and large blessings. Grateful we made it to 36. Grateful for sunshine and happy thoughts. Grateful for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment