Brent had a better day today. I wasn't there for very long today, but he was doing much better. The CT scan report was good, and Dr. Price is happy that the tube & drain are pretty much doing what he wants them to. Sometimes you just gotta have a "me" day and tell all the therapists and nurses to go jump. Dr. Price agreed. :) Here's hoping for more good days.
My Mom flew in yesterday, well, actually this morning, to help out at home. Her flight was supposed to arrive at 3:20 yesterday afternoon, and actually arrived at 2:15 this morning. American Airlines, I have decided, is definitely on the 'naughty list' this Christmas season. Ugh. She spent 12 hours in Chicago O'Hare. Not good. We are just glad she made it safe and sound. Thanks to Brenda for picking her up at the airport and letting her sleep at her house! I was so tired yesterday there is no way I could have driven up there at one in the morning.
I apologize to those that I have been grumpy with. There are probably several of you. Stress does bad things to ones spirit. Some days I just feel as if my reservoir is completely dried up. Then, miraculously, other days, it is refilled, either by a kind word, an awesome hot meal delivered, a hug, prayers answered, or just plain sleep. Please don't judge me too harshly. Some days are just better than others. Some days we can cope, and some days we can't, and that's ok. Some days we waver in our faith, and question "why?", and other days, we accept our trials for what they are.
We love you, and always give thanks for you and your love and concern for us.
lisa
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you Lisa. Hang in there. We care about you and Brent. It is hard to be the caregiver and we get tired sometimes. I guess we need to be praying for both of you!!L
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Marlayne