Well, I haven't felt like posting since yesterday because I feel as though everything I post is negative in content. I feel as though I am always sharing bad news.
Yesterday Dr. Price told us that we should expect Brent to be in the hospital for another 6 to 8 weeks. At that point another surgery will be scheduled to repair/remove the fistula, and remove the drains. This surgery will either happen at IMED, where he is, or at UCLA. If more intestine needs to be removed, then Dr. Price would rather it be done at UCLA, because they are better trained at precise surgery and would be able to save as much as possible.
the reason for the wait is reminiscent of 5 years ago, when he sat in UVRMC for 45 days "waiting." If Dr. Price were to go in again right now, after already going in twice, he would make a bigger mess instead of fix anything. The tissue is too soft and inflamed, and there is too much leakage and infection going on. So, ironically, he has to heal before they can do more damage. :) Crazy, huh?
We are currently trying to figure out things to do, or ways to keep from going stir crazy day after day at the hospital. I'm going to try to get Brent out of the room more often, off the floor, maybe outside, I don't know.
I'm finding it very difficult to resolve the guilt I feel at not being at home when I am at the hospital, with the guilt I feel for not being at the hospital when I am at home. Aye-yi-yi.
We know that we can get through this again, simply because we've been through it before. Do we want to? No. Do we have a choice? No. We know that we have your prayers and support, and we know that we can count on you no matter what. Thank you.
lisa
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment