Yesterday brought lots of changes. They removed Brent's 2nd drain, disconnected the PCA (pain pump), and switched to oral pain meds, changed his diet to being able to have small sips, and changed the TPN length of time to try to ween back to our home schedule (24 hr. continuous TPN to 12 hr. TPN) I tend to get pretty nervous when they change more than one variable at a time. It seems as though they are rushing things.
By removing the PCA, they really screwed up his pain level. He couldn't even go walking yesterday because he was in too much pain. Last night they reconnected the PCA. Pain is something you have to stay on top of if you want to continue healing.
I understand that they would like to get him home for Thanksgiving, but I would rather he be in the hospital if he needs to be, than at home worrying about if we will have to drive up to the ER at any given minute.
I guess we will see what today brings.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment