Well, Brent had a pretty bad night last night because they gave him a medication that he didn't want and sure enough, it made him sick. Sometimes I wish they would listen to him. He knows his body and how he reacts to certain things.
So, imagine my surprise when I get a text saying they are releasing him today! Say what? Wow!
It's only been five days since surgery! Holy cow!
I am feeling a bit apprehensive since I know nothing about the heart. I know what to look for with all of his gut surgeries, but the heart frightens me. I'm thankful that Michelle doesn't work until Friday. She knows cardiac stuff. She did her capstone/preceptor in cardiology. Phew. At least we will be able to let Brent sleep at home. He hasn't slept much here. I think that will make a world of difference.
AND, here is where I go all Momma Bear on you . . .
If you want to visit with Brent, please call or text me first. 801-372-8467. If you have even a hint of a cold or anything else, or have been around illness of any kind, please stay away. Brent has no immune system, and this dandy little infection almost killed him. I know you all love him, but if you even have a tickle in your throat, please love him from afar, like an email or something. Thanks.
We have once again witnessed several miracles. We acknowledge them with deep humility. One of his friends texted, saying he is beginning to think Brent is immortal. Oh, he's quite mortal, just extremely blessed. Well, time to put my nursing hat back on . . .
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment