Sunday, July 7, 2019

So, it’s with a sad heart that I have to reactivate the blog. It’s a love/hate relationship. The blog allows me to reach everyone who wants news on Brent’s condition, but it’s only bad news that usually gets delivered.

Last night Brent started to not feel well and went in to lay down. His temp was normal. A half hour later it was creeping upwards. He crashed very quickly, which we are used to , but this was different. I know I could not drive him up to our hospital in Murray. If you’ve followed us or know us at all, you know the reasons for avoiding Utah Valley at all costs. Luckily we did not avoid it this time, as I am sure he would. It have made it up there alive. He requested an ambulance, which tells you how bad it was; A) he knew the ambulance would take him to Utah Valley, and B) he knew I could not get him there. By the time the paramedics arrived he was in full septic mode and fever of 104.5.  In the ER he was 105, and it got even higher after they transferred him to the ICU. His blood pressure kept tanking and he gave me a scare I shall never forget in this lifetime.

Brent is now in the ICU, on a ventilator, sedated, and fighting for his life. His central line was pulled, as that is the suspected cause, even though the cultures are not back yet. He’s on so many medications and hooked up to so many things. His fever has come down and blood pressure is getting a bit higher.  He is one sick guy. My heart aches for him, as I know there’s not much in the tank to fight this infection. It’s been a long time since he has been this bad. We are just watching and waiting to see if he pulls through.

This ones serious folks. If ever he needed your thoughts and prayers it is now. Please pray for his blood pressure to stabilize, his fever to stay down, and his body to have yet another fight left in him. We are praying for another miracle. I believe in miracles and I believe in the power of prayer.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

These are the machines keeping him alive. I am ever thankful for modern medicine.



No comments:

Post a Comment