Yes, Brent is still in the hospital. He was fever free and they talked of sending him home on Wednesday I think it was, but then he started running another fever. Scratch that plan. I mean, we’re used to running plan x, y, or z. They’ve run all of the tests, cultured all the blood, switched up antibiotics, and still no answers.
Thankfully the TEE showed no endocarditis on the heart valve. The central line cultures are clean. The fevers are at bay. But hey, let’s have a little fun shall we? The heart decided to have a little dance party that caused the tele-tech to notice and then a code blue was called. All sorts of fun people show up real quick when that happens. They were all kinds of confused when they rush through the door with a crash cart and he’s sitting in the chair talking to the nurse like nothing happened. He cardioverted back to normal by himself without needed a little shock from them. Thankfully.
I was in the process of driving down from the Uintas when I get a text from Brent and all I saw while driving was “called a code.” He almost got a text back saying “crashed the car.” Pulled over, read the rest of the text, called, was assured he was still alive and kicking, and continued home to shower the campfire smell off before heading to the hospital.
He’s about to go down for a bronchoscope and I’m headed back up the mountain to get the trailer ready to come home tomorrow and celebrate Joseph’s birthday. Once again, grateful for friends willing to help. Rusty will bring it down because I’m too chicken. The bronchoscope will flush his lungs and hopefully culture out what the precise bacteria is so they can get the right antibiotics on board. He always feels better after a bronchoscope so that’s a plus.
As always, thanks for checking in and for your constant love and prayers in our behalf.
I need to get back to this…..
No comments:
Post a Comment