I feel like I could just say “ditto” to most of the previous post in February. July is not kind to us. Ever. Last week Brent spent two days in the hospital after a trip to the ER. Diagnosis was pneumonia due to aspiration . . . again. He went home on Friday with continuous IV antibiotics that run 22 hours a day. He was feeling pretty good upon discharge on Friday.
Obviously that didn’t last long since we are sitting in the ER again. He began running high fevers again today and was pretty lethargic. After texting with his infectious disease doctor and seeing the temp we had to head back in.
Hoping it is still just the pneumonia and maybe we just need a different antibiotic. That’s probably best case scenario. Running more blood cultures from the central line and peripherally. They ran an echo a little while ago to check the heart valves for endocarditis. That would be worse case scenario for sure. He will for sure be admitted regardless.
We were supposed to be headed up to the Uintas tomorrow for our annual week in the Uintas with the kids and grandkids. 🤬🤬🤬. I’m just a little peeved. Ok, a LOT peeved. It takes a lot to get ready for this trip. It’s a favorite time for me. We have grandmas craft tent, lots of snacks, lots of fishing, lots of paddle boarding and rafting, lots of fun. Still figuring out how to get the trailer up there so the rest of the family has food and everything. I’ve never driven this one and don’t think it’s the best time to learn. Ugh. Guess we’ll see how this week plays out. It’s so dumb.
Trying to see the silver lining. . . Guess we should be glad it didn’t happen up in the mountains. . .
Life will go on, I will calm down, I will stop wondering what we did to tick off the beings on the other side. To quote our daughter “Okay for real who pissed off somebody on the other side cause all of our lives are like a bad sitcom right now.”
Just for kicks, and because it’s 2:10am and I’m tired and hungry, suggest names for our family sitcom. We need some laughs. Really we do. We like to laugh instead of cry, but today only brought tears.
Sending you lots of prayers, love, and hope!
ReplyDelete