Saturday, March 26, 2011

Brent had a good night and i actually got some sleep on the sofa bed. You know how i have always complained about how they wake you up twenty times a night to make sure you are ok? Well guess what? They have changed their policy! I think they only came in two or three times and they didn't flip the lights on! Woo-hoo! Somebody finally figured out that they can trust the monitors and just peek in without having to make a huge production. :) hence the reason i was able to catch some sleep too.

They removed the NG tube this morning. He does have one small drain in the incision.

I thank you once again for your faith and prayers. I can truly say that i felt at peace yesterday and could feel your love and concern for us. Lets hope that good news continues and he can have a normal hospital stay.

If you could, would you please say a prayer for my Mom also? She is fighting a battle also out in Iowa. She had surgery yesterday for a lung biopsy and is in the hospital. The oncologist is fairly certain that it is Non Hodgkins Lymphoma which she has had for several years but has been quiet. We are glad it is not more breast cancer or lung cancer. It can be treated with chemo but we are fairly certain she will refuse treatment. Without going into details, she is not doing very well. A prayer in her behalf would be greatly appreciated. I feel torn between needing to be here and wanting to be there. I am thankful for my two sisters who are there with her right now. I wish i could help.

Stay tuned for our continuing saga. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment