Ok, hopefully I can remember everything....
Brent just got out of surgery after 4 1/2 hours.
Dr. Price is happy with what he was able to do.
He removed the fistula, took about an inch of intestine out, and sewed it back together and then packed it with lots of fatty tissue. He says he only used dissolving stitches, no staples or any other foreign materials, so that it reduces the chance of more fistulas forming. He opened up the malecott drain site and cleaned it out and packed it, hopefully to heal. He saw NO active crohn's disease at all. Dr. Hemmert will be thrilled about that. If he behaves himself in recovery then he will not have to go to ICU. Please pray for that. I hate ICU.
Can't think of anything else right now. Thanks for the many prayers sent our way. I feel like I have been texting and talking all day.
I will probably stay here tonight.
More updates as needed.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment