Well, our appointment with the surgeon has been moved to Tuesday, instead of Friday. What we are anticipating is that he will cut open the midline incision a little bit and retrieve a stitch that has not disolved, which is causing the midline to not heal. We are also hoping that Dr. Price will remove the Malecott drain on Tuesday. We are really not quite sure what this entails, and what the after effects will be from removing it, we just know that we want it out. It has been totally clamped off for almost two weeks. So far Brent has only had one night of being sick from having it clamped off. It would be so great to finally be rid of the Malecott. It is so painful and awkward.
When we visited with Dr. Price last week, he warned Brent to drug up before he comes. He normally doesn't request that he take pain meds, so this is serious. I'm thinking I don't want to be in the procedure room this time.....
Your thoughts and prayers on Tuesday will be felt and appreciated. Thanks so much for all that you do for us. Here's hoping for positive results.
On a brighter note, Brent has been eating his soups and pudding and yogurt, and has not had any problems. After not eating anything for over three months, it's a little scary to start up again. He is taking it very slowly.
Have a good week.
Lisa
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't think I would be in the room, either! Good luck- I think about you guys all the time and pray all goes well.......
ReplyDeleteWe're cheering for you! Good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteRachel & Derrik