Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Well, today was another interesting day. Brent is now minus a drain, but added a large hole in his incision. Not sure if what happened today was good news or bad news.

The drain has not been draining anything for about a week, so Dr. Price decided to just pull it today. Only after examining a spot on his incision that was red and swollen. He tried to drain it with a syringe, but decided he needed to cut it open instead. It is rather large and deep, but the pressure being relieved was immediate.Hopefully it will close up.

We were hoping the spot on the incision wasn't anything serious. I was prepared with a bag of my hot-off-the-dehydrator beef jerky to bribe him if he even hinted at hospitalization. I didn't need to bribe him, but gave him the jerky anyway. :)

Here's hoping for a quiet Christmas and New Year's. Merry Christmas to you and all of your families, and best wishes for a healthy 2012. Do you remember the M.A.S.H. episode at New Year's when they make the toast to the new year and hope that it is the year to end the war? And they do that the next New Year's also? That's how I feel we are. We keep making a toast to a healthier new year. Someday our war will be over.

1 comment:

  1. Your post broke my heart! I wish we could each take turns carrying your burden for even a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete