Friday, December 30, 2011

Yes! He did come home today. We got home at about 5:00. Brent said that this morning when Dr. Price came in, Brent asked him the "Lisa" question, which is, "what are we doing here that we can't do at home?" And Dr. Price agreed. He knows that we are capable and knowledgeable enough to take care of him at home. We also know when he gets to the point that we can't. I'm glad that he has faith in us to send him home. Hopefully all goes well and he stays home.

He has a pretty large fistula opening in the incision, and a drain in the right side of his belly. It's pretty gross and I won't get into the gory details. I've explained fistulas before. Basically he has a tunnel coming from a hole in his intestine, leading out through the skin. It's painful.

He is on IV antibiotics four times a day. Still NPO (no food or drink).

We are just happy he is out of ICU and home. Thank you for your prayers. We love you.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment