Sorry, I forgot to post today. I attribute it to lack of sleep.
Nothing much really happened today. Didn't even see Dr. Price. They just gave Brent the IV antibiotics and other meds he needed and that was about it. Wound care came in and checked out the hole in his belly that was/is? a fistula. It closed off and Price opened it back up last friday, but it is still not draining anything, and the wound care team couldn't find a pathway. Hopefully it really did close off. That would be a first. The drain, on the other hand, is now putting out more than before. Obviously that is were the infection is that is causing all the problems. If Brent's white count stays up, they will probably CT it again to see what is going on. Hopefully more answers tomorrow.
Lisa
OK, scratch that . . . the fistula opened back up in full force I was just told. yippee. Sometimes I really do wonder why we keep hoping.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment